Kapatens AB (”Kapatens” or ”we/us/our”) is a Controller in accordance with the definition of the Regulation (EU) of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (”GDPR”) and applicable national law with regard to the personal data we process within the framework of our business.
Within this privacy notice, we describe how we process your personal data, the purpose of our processing and the rights you have as a data subject.
We gather personal data directly from you as a data subject and from third parties such as your employer and open sources (e.g. internet services).
If you are a client
If you have appointed us as your legal representative, we will process the personal data we receive from you in connection with our assignment or otherwise gathered during the performance of the assignment. You are not obligated to provide us with any personal data but without such information we may not be able to be your representatives as we require some personal data to perform regulated conflict of interest and anti-money laundering controls.
Why do we process your personal data
We process your personal data to perform regulated conflict of interest and (if necessary) anti-money laundering controls, to perform and administer your assignment, to preserve your rights, for communication and marketing as well as for accounting and invoicing purposes.
The legal basis for this processing is our obligation to you to perform an assignment or complete a transaction. This entails that personal data is processed on the following legal basis (i) it is required to fulfil a legal obligation, (ii) it is necessary in order to accomplish a purpose for which Kapatens has a legitimate interest, and (iii) it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you as a data subject is party (this is only if we have entered into an agreement with you as an individual).
Transfer of your personal data
Personal data may be transferred between Kapatens’ different group- and affiliate entities and other partners that perform assignments on our behalf (e.g. translation agencies) for the purposes of conflict of interest and anti-money laundering controls, for information and knowledge exchange and for the allocation of resources. We shall not transfer personal data to third parties unless (i) it is agreed upon between you and us, (ii) if it is, within the performance of the assignment, necessary to protect your rights, (iii) if it is required in order for us to fulfil a statutory obligation or to comply with government decisions or court decisions, or (iv) in case we hire third party service providers who perform assignments on our behalf. The personal data may be disclosed to courts, authorities, opponent’s representative if needed in order for us to protect your rights.
Storing of personal data
Personal data is stored for a time of ten (10) years from the day of the assignment’s completion, or longer if required by the particular assignment. Personal data that is processed for the purpose of developing, analysing and promoting our business will be stored for a time of one (1) year from the date of last contact. If you choose to opt-out from newsletters or similar, personal data stored for such purpose will be deleted effective immediately.
If you are not a client
We frequently send out newsletters and other marketing information to you as a former client, a professional or personal contact to one of our employees or to you that have otherwise shown interest in Kapatens’ business to the email address you have registered with us. Newsletters and marketing information are general and are not aimed at you specifically.
The legal basis for our processing of your personal data in these instances is our legitimate interest in communicating with you.
If you would like to unsubscribe from receiving such newsletters or other marketing information, please contact us at email@example.com.
According to the GDPR you have numerous rights in relation to the processing of your personal data. Please contact us (see contact details below) if you wish to exercise your rights or if you have any questions relating to any of the rights presented here.
- Access: You have the right to request information on whether we process personal data about you as well as to request access to the personal data.
- Rectification: If your personal data is inaccurate or incomplete you have the right to request rectification of the personal data.
- Erasure: Under certain circumstances you have the right to request the erasure of your personal data, for example if the information is no longer necessary.
- Restriction of processing: You have the right to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted. There is a risk that we will be unable to provide you with our services during the time the processing is restricted.
- Data portability: Under some circumstances you have the right to gain access to your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. This right is limited to personal data that you have provided us with, if it is being processed for the purpose of fulfilling a contract with you or based on your consent.
- Objection to the processing: You have the right to object to personal data processing which is based on Kapatens’ legitimate interests. However, if we have compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms, we may have the right to continue the processing.
- Objection to processing for direct marketing purposes: You always have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
If you have complaints relating to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority. The Swedish Data Protection Authority’s contact details can be found at www.datainspektionen.se.